A creative problem solver with an innate ability to distill and synthesize available information to drive toward informed solutions. A high-capacity, high-energy contributor with the ability to juggle multiple assignments. A team member with an unusually broad set of experiences including reporting, analytics, project and process management, entrepreneur, teacher, speaker, trainer, coach, and author. Proven experience in making sense of chaotic situations, forging and maintaining relationships with a diverse set of business partners.
TIAA/TIAA DIRECT May 2011 – March 2019
Senior Business Metrics Analyst
- Responsible for the development, build out, and execution of reporting and analytics routines for Deposit Products and Deposit Operations.
- Collaborate with multiple business partners and IT to develop reporting solutions.
- Utilize numerous tools (Excel, Access, OBIEE, SAS, and Sequel) to aggregate, streamline, and consolidate reporting process comprised of multiple data sources.
- Automated dozens of reports, queries, and processes.
- Provide analytical findings enabling business partners and leaders to make informed decisions about current performance and future courses of action.
- Prepared materials for Chief Operating Officer’s monthly business review meeting.
- Serve as subject matter expert on bank projects.
BANK OF AMERICA January – April, 2011
- Engaged in a project management capacity on a mobile phone / smartphone payment project with Bank of America’s Consumer Banking Product Development and Innovation Division.
- Project’s primary objective was engagement of RIM’s Blackberry phones in a shared wallet environment.
CATAWBA COLLEGE – KETNER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS January – May, 2011
- Small Business Management instructor.
CLARITY COACHING 2009 – Present
President and Head Coach
- Provide business coaching services for business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Created and conducted original content training workshops.
BANK OF AMERICA 2002-2009
Vice President, Debit Card Operations 2004-2009
- Led Six Sigma Black Belt project to reduce the number of cards captured at Bank of America ATMs with projected annual expense savings of $4 million.
- Managed debit card authorization process.
- Systematized the monitoring of debit card authorizations.
- Performed in-depth root cause analysis and troubleshooting on both systemic and customer-level problems.
- Managed process improvement initiatives.
- Partnered with multiple business partners including operations, risk and ATM.
- Provided business support for Debit Card Operations.
- Led project that reduced debit card declines providing over $15 million in annual incremental revenue.
Vice President, Card Services and e-Commerce Technology 2002-2004
- Performed relationship management and planning activities for several lines of business within the Consumer Products Division.
- Monitored the progress of over 100 active projects.
- Supervised, facilitated, and communicated resource management activities for 1,100-person organization.
WACHOVIA – EVERGREEN INVESTMENT SERVICES, INC. 1995-2002
Vice President, Internet Marketing 2000-2002
- Managed the day-to-day operations of Evergreen Investments’ multiple websites.
- Website traffic increased by 400% during my tenure from 9,500 to 42,000 average monthly user sessions. Average user session length increased from 6:45 to 11:30 minutes.
- Collaborated with business units to develop, improve and manage their business and product-specific websites.
- Developed and managed online broker referral program.
AVP, Strategic Planning and Product Development 1996-2000
- Supplied the analysis required to make acquisition decisions. During my tenure, the acquisition of $10 billion in mutual fund assets was consummated.
- Managed the integration task force for the acquisition of the Keystone Funds.
- Managed the production of funds’ performance book for Board of Trustees’ quarterly meeting.
Performance Analyst 1995-1996
- Provided the daily reporting of fund net asset values, dividends, and fund performance.
- Implemented automation of fund reporting processes.
- You Better Believe It
- The Proverbs Project – The Remarkable Wisdom and Advice Hidden in Plain Sight
- Pritical Thinking – The Lost Art of Critical Thinking and Common Sense in Politics and Public Policy
- The No Regrets Principle
- The Termite Effect – 25 Common Business Mistakes and their Hidden Consequences
Keynote Speaker and Small Business Educator
- Keynote speaker at Central Piedmont Community College Entrepreneur Success 2011 event.
- Addressed numerous organizations regarding small business and success-related topics.
- Developed and conducted over a dozen unique small business-related workshops.
- Created and presented half-day and full-day adult continuing education courses for UNCC Continuing Education Program – Focus Management, Best Practices in Time Management, and How to Become the Chick-Fil-A of Your Industry.
CLARITY REALTY, LLC 2005 – Present
Managing Partner / Broker-in-Charge
- Offer residential real estate services.
CLARITY MARKETING SOLUTIONS, INC. 2001 – 2006
- Provided Internet and web-related training for clients.
- Developed websites and related marketing materials.
- Offered business development and marketing consulting services.
WORLDWIDE FANTASY SPORTS, INC. 1999-2000
Founder and CEO
- Launched Internet start-up providing unique online fantasy sports game for NASCAR.
- Presented company’s business plan to potential investors.
- Organized a team of relevant personnel including database, web developers, legal, and marketing.
- Researched, identified, and pursued strategic partnerships.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
University of North Carolina at Charlotte – MBA, Finance Concentration, 1996
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – B.A., Political Science, 1992
Licensed Professional Business Coach – 2009
Six Sigma Black Belt Training – 2008-2009
The Strategic Coach – 2007-2008
Real Estate Broker License NC/SC – 2005-Present
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – 2002
Passed Level I Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Exam – 1999
Series 7 Securities License – 1998